Friday, December 24, 2010

Never Fail Pie Crust

If you live in a country that does not have Shortening, then you need a pie crust recipe alternative that tastes just as good! And here it is! In fact, if I move back to the US, I think I will keep using this one! It is so much more flaky than my old shortening recipe!

(Note: I double it because I almost always do a lattice top on my pies!)

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 tsp sugar

1/2 cup butter, chilled and diced

1/4 cup ice water

Directions

In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight if you are not making your pies until the next day).

Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate. Trim the excess edges with kitchen scissors. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.


Fill with something YUMMY!

I usually choose APPLES since that is the best AMERICAN dessert around!



No comments:

Post a Comment